Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

As opposed to Monday, Monday. Remember that song from the Mama's And The Papa's? Guess I just dated myself.

I woke in the early, predawn hours of the morning, as us old women are prone to do; to go to the bathroom. The bathroom is in the same place that it's been in for 12 years, mind you. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I slamed into the open door, and broke my little toe. The pain caused me to jolt forward, where I almost fell into the jacuzzi. As I'm hanging onto the side of the tub, I hear my sweet, caring hubby quietly slur "honey, are you alright?" After which he promptly returned to sleepy land and snoring. I managed to hobble back to bed on my own.

Getting dressed for church wasn't really a big deal; until I put on my high heels. Oh the agony! I then had to go into my darling daughters room to find (yet another pair of) my shoes that were a little more open in the toe area. That yielded a small measure of relief, but there was NO way I was going to wear flats!

On to church, where I endured the glances and snickers. It was just last year at this time that I broke my foot by falling in the closet at work ( my adoring mother asked me if I was "coming out"; ha ha, very funny) I won't go into detail about my other little accidents. Let's just say my church friends are amused at my clumsiness. At least they smile when I come in the door!

To add insult to injury?! My hubby wanted to eat out (I did change clothes and shoes first). I had strange people staring at me now. No biggy, really. But, we went to a discount store called Big Lots. Everyone over at Crochet Partners had been going on and on about the wonderful yarn sale. After hobbling around the place for 30 minutes or so, unable to locate this fantastic deal, we finally ask where it is. A precious, sweet sales lady says " we're all out". So what did I do? I went home and made cheesecake, of course. Key Lime Cheesecake. Yummmy! I guess the day wasn't so bad after all.

3 comments:

Birth Express said...

AWE.............hope the toe gets better soon. I swear I think that is the slowest part of the body to heal!

LadyLinoleum said...

Cheesecake heals all wounds...your poor toe...ouch!

Rebecca said...

hmmm, yarn? at big lots? i must ck this out!

so sorry about your toe.
mmmm key lime cheesecake mmmm