Monday, April 23, 2007

Trying To Get Back To Normal

The past week has been a horror to the people of our community, state and country. Our local University, Virginia Tech, was the site of a massacre that our nation has never before seen, and I pray never sees again. My daughter has many friends that attend Tech. I'm so grateful that they're alright.

My cousin works in the trauma unit and was there when the first victim arrived. One of my own doctors was on call and treated a victim with a fatal gunshot wound to the head. I don't know how our health care professionals can deal with the tragedies they see on a daily basis. They deserve our praise.

The students returned to classes today, but things won't be "normal" for a long, long time.

My prayers go out to all the families who suffer loss, to the surviving victims, and to all students and staff. May God's healing power and love cover all.

Please continue to pray for our nation's youth.

1 comment:

KansasA said...

Oh Debi...my heart and prayers are with you and your State. I am so very sorry this tragedy happened to so many young people. God bless you and all their families.