Monday, October 02, 2006

Yellow Biscuits and Blue Whirlies

Hey y'all! Happy October! It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Virginia. I even had one of my flower photos featured on a local TV station. A Yellow Hibiscus. Ain't it cool???

And for the blue (since yellow and blue are 2 of my very favorite colors), here's my first ever attempt at doing a chart only doily:
This is the Purple Whirly (done in blues). The pattern was in Greek (literally). Kudos to the wonderful ladies over at Gathering Threads for helping me understand charts! I only had to frog it a dozen times or so.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Beautiful flower!
I love that doily pattern. It turned out very nice.
Isn't it neat to have your photos on TV? My son and I took a picture of a white peacock last spring and I sent it in to a station and they put it on during a weather report. It was cool!

Lucy said...

That doily is so pretty and unique!

Sheila said...

Your Blue Whirly is absolutely beautiful.

JulieP said...

The Blue Whirly is wonderful. Congrats to you for such a lovely job!!

OneCraftySAHM said...

Wow! That whirly is simply beautiful! I love it! It almost looks retro, LOL! Very cool!

OldCinderella said...

The Blue Purple Whirly, I love it.

Krystal said...

Thats a gorgeous doily! I love it!!