Sunday, November 13, 2005

Choices, A Thought Provoking Article

It's always so wonderful when you find out you're not crazy! Or that you're not the only one with strange, little idiosyncrises. I read this thought provoking piece at Crochetty Lady's blog. I won't copy it here, you can just go over to her place to read it. But here is my response to her article:

"I wonder if this is a trait of all creative people, or just perfectionistic creative people? I really thought that I was the only one with this "problem". Last year, I spent a lot of time and money to purchase the One Stroke painting kits and accessories. I tried it one time, and didn't like the results. My daughter said, "do you think Donna Dewberry was perfect when she started"? Somehow, I guess I did. She then remarked, "was your first photograph perfect"? As a professional photographer, I knew that it wasn't. She sure is a wise 17 year old. Unfortunately, I haven't picked up the brush again (yet). I, too, spend an inordinate amount of time on the computer, searching for patterns, books and such. I just started this wonderful craft of crochet about 11 months ago, and already have dozens of books, and literally hundreds of patterns saved. I'm almost afraid that searching is more of the hobby than crochet! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspective with the rest of us hobbiests (is that a word? Now I'll obsess until I look it up)."

Please drop me a line to share your your thoughts (and just to remind me that I'm not alone).

Be blessed, y'all!

2 comments:

Suburban Hooker said...

Oh boy can I relate!! I spend endless hours on the computer every day blog crawling, hunting patterns, bidding on yarns, managing an msn crochet community and "talking shop" with my online friends. My creativity wanned the day I got this box and yet...where would I be without it??

When I do go to buy yarn it's an all day affair......which yarn in which color for this item.....then this item and so on and so on and so on. I've actually been there so long my husband called to tell me I missed a movie I had really wanted to watch and believe me I left in plenty enough time to browse!!! I'm not sure which I like better....I mean I wouldn't want to have only 3 colors of the same yarn and yet..how many eyelash yarns do we need??? I guess I just need to make better use of my time. Self imposed time limits for computer related things might help, but I'll probably never do it. Oh well...Thanks for speaking about this...it helps to know I'm not the only one with this problem!!

Randa said...

Gosh, it must have been a long time since I checked your blog. You've been a busy girl!!! One would never know that you haven't been crocheting for years...your work is beautiful!!! Love your blog entries...they made me smile to read them (and I can always use a grin). Have a beautiful thanksgiving my yarn addict friend.
Randa