Friday, October 07, 2005

If Stressed Spelled Backwards Is Desserts, Where's Mine?





Ever had a day where you just want to crawl into a hole? How 'bout a week like that? Or 2 or 3 weeks like that? Okay, I guess you get my drift.

It all started with teenager problems. I just wasn't prepared for my normally sweet 17 year old to become rebellious ( or "missing" for several hours and unreachable on the cell phone ). A University in my state recently had a 17 year old go missing, and she was found this week, dead. But you know what? When we finally found my normally compliant child, I didn't raise my voice or yell, even though inside I was screaming! Doesn't that qualify me for sainthood or something? I even endured almost a week of the silent treatment. Now everything seems hunky-dorey. Hmmmm....It must have been a Jekyll/Hyde thing.

To top it all off: The commode at work decided it wanted to be a glorious water fountain instead of a plain ole commode. My hubby called me a my Club Crochet meeting, where I had finally started to unwind, to tell me the Salon next door to my work place had just called. It seems that they were getting water seepage from our office, and they couldn't locate the building owner. By the time I arrived, we had about 2 inches of water in an 800 square foot space. We had several shop vacs going when my brother called the local Fire Department ( he's a paid fireman in another town ). As it so happened, they were in waxing the trucks for an upcoming fire parade. So they came to our rescue, or we would have been there all night. God bless Firemen! We spent the next day cancelling appointments and cleaning up. Yeah, we felt pretty good about our clean up efforts, until I got another call at home that it happened again. This time we caught it sooner, but still had another mess to deal with. Now the landlord shows up, gets the "water fountain" fixed, and tells us it our fault ( because mostly women use our commode ).

All this before our Kids Autumn special, where we bring in hay bales, pumpkins and mums for the portrait scenery, in preparation of photographing hundreds of children in 2 days. I must tell you, the smell in that studio was horrendous!!!! Imagine the aroma of hay and wet, musty carpet. Yum, yum. Our carpets are getting cleaned today, so I get the day off. But you know what the real thrill is? I get to go to the ENT today and possibly have a light run up my nose again!

Where's that darned hole now???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*hugs* Hope things get better soon hun.